When are Council meetings scheduled and can I attend?- Council meetings are held at 9:30 a.m. in the Clear Hills County Office 313, Alberta Avenue Worsley, Alberta, on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month with the exception of July, August and December or if rescheduled/cancelled by Council motion. Special meetings may be called by the Reeve or Council as required. There are occasions when a Council meeting or a portion of a meeting is closed to the public in accordance with the provisions of the Municipal Act.

How do I get to speak before Council? You can contact the Executive Assistant 780-685-3925 to request that you be listed as a delegation to speak to Council on a specific item on an agenda, no later than 12 noon on the Wednesday before a Council meeting. Delegations are limited to 15 minutes.

How can I invite the Reeve and/or Councillors to an event? – Contacting the Executive Assistant by phone 780-685-3925 or email bonnie@clearhillscounty.ab.ca is the best way to extend an invitation.

How do I contact my Councillor? – Visit the Council page to identify your Division Councillor. Contact information for all Councillors are located under Councillor Members.

How do I get on Council’s Agenda? –  all Council Agendas are available to view or download 72 hours before each Regular Council Meeting, Please visit the Council Agenda page to access.

When is the next Municipal Election? –  the election term in Alberta is 4 Years and falls on the 3rd Monday of October for all municipalities, except summer villages where elections take place in July and August. The next election date will be October 18, 2021.

Who can I contact about my neighbour’s barking dog? – You can phone the CAO, Allan Rowe at 780-685-3925.


Public Works

When will my road plowed? –  The goal of Winter Road Maintenance is to have roads initially opened and passable from shoulder to shoulder in three (3) days. Roads are to be completely cleared of snow and the accumulated snow banks winged to the ditch bottom within seven (7) days. Please contact the Public Works Manager if you have concerns; 780-685-3925.

The ditch in front of my property does not drain properly, who do I talk to about this? – Please contact the Public Works Manager if you have concerns; 780-685-3925.

How do I sign up for Dust Control? –  Dust Control Program Policy 3221 Clear Hills County is offering application of dust control product to interested residents and industry for the 2018 season. To qualify for the service, residents and industry will be required to complete the dust control application form and make payment prior to application of the dust control product. Please contact Clear Hills County Office @ (780) 685-3925 for more information and to obtain an application form.**call 780-685-3925 for the Deadline date to apply .**


Scholarships & Bursaries

Does the County offer any scholarships or bursaries? – Yes, Clear Hills County offers a Continuing Education Scholarship. The Scholarship provides up to $3,000 to cover the cost of tuition for post-secondary, apprenticeship training, trades training or computer and bookkeeping courses. For more information click on the Policy 6801 Continuing Education Scholarships and the Scholarship application.

There is also information and links to the following:

This information can also be accessed by selecting the County tab on the webpage and then opening Scholarships and Bursaries in the drop down menu.






County Information