Are you prepared for 72 hours?
Are you and your family prepared to be self-sustaining for up to 72 hours? It is recommended that you have a 72 hour (emergency) kit prepared in advance. Basic emergency kit items include:
- water (4 litres of water per person per day)
- food that won’t spoil such as canned food, energy bars and dried food
- manual can opener
- flashlight and batteries; extra batteries
- battery-powered or wind-up radio
- first aid kit
- special needs items for your family such as prescription medications, infant formula or equipment for people with disabilities
- extra keys for your car and house
- cash (include smaller bills such as $5 and $10s and change for payphones
- family emergency plan (ensure it contains in-town and out-of-town contact information)
Additional Emergency Supplies
Make a Family Emergency Plan
Be aware of your environment and changes in weather.
For more information go to Get Prepared.