Public Works

Phone 1-780-685-3925
Fax 1-780-685-3960


Ron Jensen, Public Works Manager
Cell 780-835-8459

Barb Basnett, Public Works Office Coordinator

Mario Drouin, Road Foreman
Cell 780-835-0898

Terry Shewchuk, Construction Supervisor
Cell 780-772-0464

Catherine Cox, Water Treatment Plant Operator
Cell 780-834-7669

Public Works oversees the maintenance and construction of the County road and hamlet street networks, water treatment plants, water and wastewater systems in the two hamlets and solid waste, which is handled at transfer sites.

All forms and Policies below can be found by accessing the forms or policy pages.

Commonly used Policies and Bylaws:

  • Approach Construction Policy 3203
  • Road Construction Policy 3201
  • Annual Equipment Policy 3211
  • Community Facility Grader Service Program Policy 3220
  • Dust Control Program Policy 3221  Application- Dust Control Application 2019
  • Driveway Snowplowing Program & Waiver Policy 3223
  • Rural Addressing system:
  • Rural Addressing Bylaw
  • Standard Rules of Rural Addressing
  • Seniors’ Summer Driveway Grading Program Policy 3236
  • Off-Highway Vehicle use on County roads and hamlet streets-Bylaw No. 212-16
  • Speed Limits on County roads and Hamlet Streets Bylaw No. 224-17

Signage Requests:

  • Children at Play Signage Policy 3240
  • Recreation, Community Facilities and Historical Landmarks Signage Program Policy 3217

Useful Links


For more information Contact Us Now

Road Construction Requests

Road construction requests may be forwarded to the County office or to your Councillor at any time. Policy 3201 is used as a guideline to evaluate and prioritize road construction requests. Prior to September each year, Council reviews all road construction requests and prepares a priority list of roads to be constructed during the following year.

The priority list is determined by the following:

  1. Residential access with school children;
  2. School bus route roads that would mean substantial savings to the School Division and reduction in traveling time for the school children;
  3. Residential access with no school children;
  4. Farmland access;
  5. Other requests.