Scholarships & Bursaries
Continuing Education Scholarship
Are you registered in an apprenticeship, trades or post-secondary program?
Are you a Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant? Have you resided in Clear Hills County or the Village of Hines Creek for at least one year?
Each Scholarship will be a onetime payment to cover tuition costs to a maximum of $3,000.00.
Post-Secondary, Apprenticeship, Trades Training, Computer and Book keeping courses.
For more information contact the Executive Assistant.
AAAF Memorial Bursary
The bursary is intended for students continuing their education at a College or University. Students must be enrolled in an agricultural or environmental science program.
There is a $1,000 bursary available in each calendar year for each of the 5 provincial regions of the Association of Alberta Agricultural Fieldman.
The Association of Alberta Agricultural Fieldman, as an ongoing tribute to active or retired AAAF members who pass away, and in the spirit of continuing education by our Association, created the AAAF Memorial Bursary.
Clear Hills County Agricultural Fieldman, Greg Coon, must recieve your application with all supporting documentation by September 1st of each year.
Robert E. Walter Memorial Scholarship
The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency administers the Robert E Walter Memorial Scholarship to financially assist students from the Mackenzie Region taking post-secondary school programs who plan to utilize their education in a career based in the Mackenzie region of northern Alberta.
One $500 scholarship per year.
- Must be a resident of the North Peace or Mackenzie Region in northern Alberta;
- Is a high school graduate who will be attending a post secondary education program; or is currently in the work force but will be attending a post secondary education program to upgrade skills.
- Agrees to obtain employment in the North Peace or Mackenzie Region for at least one year following graduation.
Students enrolled in studies leading towards working in local government will be given preference.
How to Apply :
- Follow the Application Guidelines in the brochure. Copies of the brochure and application are available here, at the County office or visit the MMSA website at http://mmsa.ca/news/scholarship.
- Complete the application form and prepare your application package
- Submit to Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency by March 31.
The Scholarship Review Panel of MMSA members will review the applications and award the annual scholarship to the selected student.
(includes brochure and application form)