The Water Essentials


Making Changes to Water on Your Land
Under the Water Act, all water in Alberta is property of the Crown, even if it is located on private property. This means that a landowner wishing to make any alterations to the water flow on their land should contact AEP to obtain an approval prior to beginning the activity.

This includes any changes to drainage or changes to the purpose of a diversion, the installation of tile drainage, infilling, and the creation of dugouts, ditches, berms, and water crossings.

For More Information please call AEP toll free at 310-3773 (within Alberta) or 1-877-944-0313 (outside of Alberta).

or click on the link below!